Friends

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Folder List and Favorite Links in Navigation Pane Bug in Windows Vista

1. Open My Computer and make sure that "Favorite Links" are showing in left side pane (Navigation pane). If its not enabled then you can enable it from "Organize -> Layout -> Navigation pane". 2. Close My Computer.
3. Now open "Windows Explorer" from Start menu.
4. It'll show "Folders List" instead of "Favorite Links" in Navigation pane. Thats cool since its Windows Explorer it should display Folders list.
5. Now close Windows Explorer and again open My Computer.
6. Guess what? The Navigation pane will show "Folders List" in left pane instead of previously selected "Favorite Links".
So the conclusion is this:
If you select "Favorite Links" to be shown in My Computer and open Windows Explorer, it'll overwrite your settings for "Navigation pane" and will force My Computer to show "Folders List".
So Windows Explorer overwrites My Computer's "Navigation pane" settings. How can I save my settings for "Navigation pane" in My Computer?
It seems that in Vista "My Computer" and "Windows Explorer" are no longer different as they were in previous versions of Windows. In XP, My Computer doesnt show "Folders List" in left pane but Windows Explorer shows and in Vista both My Computer and Windows Explorer show "Navigation pane". Thats why the above BUG exists!!!
NOTE:
=====

I noticed one more thing! If you set to show both "Favorite Links" and "Folders List" in "Navigation Pane", then no problem occurs. Both My Computer and Windows Explorer show both things. But if you set only "Favorite Links" to show in My Computer and open Windows Explorer, it'll automatically overwrite your settings for Navigation Pane in My Computer and My Computer will start showing both things...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

#
### ###