Friends

Friday, April 8, 2011

Set Explorer View as Default for My Computer and Other Folder Windows in Windows XP

When you open My Computer or any other folder in Windows XP, it shows the Common Tasks in left side as default view. Default_My_Computer_Window.jpg
When you open Windows Explorer, it shows Folder list in left side as default view.
Explorer_View_in_My_Computer_Window.jpg
Many people like me find Explorer view more convenient and useful rather than the common tasks pane. So here is a small trick which can be used to set "Explorer" view as default in My Computer and all folder windows. So whenever you'll open My Computer or any folder, it'll show Folder list just like Windows Explorer instead of the common tasks in left side.
1. Open regedit and goto:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
2. In right-side pane, set value of "Default" to explore
Setting_Explorer_View_from_Registry.jpg
3. That's it. Now open My Computer or any other folder, it'll show Folder List in left side pane.
NOTE: To revert back to default view, just delete Default key from right-side pane mentioned in Step 2.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

#
### ###